***On Monday, September 20th the business office of the Southwestern PA Water Authority will be closed to the public until further notice. The office will remain active Monday - Friday 8am to 4:30pm to process mail, phone calls, faxes, and emails.
Southwestern PA Water Authority offers several payment options for our customers. If you have any questions about the payment options we offer or need assistance please contact our office at 1-800-356-4168.
Southwestern PA Water Authority accepts check or money order through the mail, please mail all payments in the envelope provided with your payment stub to ensure proper account credit. To avoid late fees, please mail your payment five to seven business days before the due date specified on your bill.
To make payments by Credit or Debit card please click on the "Pay Bill" icon on our home page. Blue Pay Credit charges $2.50 convenience fee for transactions under $85. Transactions over $85 will be charged a 2.95% convenience fee for using the third party site. Southwestern PA Water Authority accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. ***Please note the rate change is from Blue Pay Credit and not SPWA.
Late Payments - Payments received after the due date will be considered late and a 10% late fee will be assessed on the account. For payments to be considered "on time" payments must be received in our office by 4:30pm on the due date.
Termination Notices - Termination notices are mailed out when an account becomes two months past due. If an account is not paid up prior to the due date of the termination notice the account will be up for "Shut Off". If an account is shut off for non payment of services there is a $75.00 service charge for being shut off and a $75.00 service charge to be turned back on. Accounts must be paid in full once the account has been shut off.
Returned Checks - A $25.00 returned check fee will be assessed to all checks returned by the bank. Returned checks must be replaced with cash or money order.
Water Bill Not Received - Southwestern PA Water Authority has three (3) billing cycles:
Lower End - Water Bills are mailed out around the 10th of the month and always due on the 3rd of the month
Waynesburg - Water Bills are mailed out around the 20th of the month and always due on the 10th of the month
Fayette County - Water Bills are mailed out around the 30th of the month and always due on the 20th of the month
Mailing dates and due dates are subject to the date being a business day.
If you do not receive your water bill please contact our office for the most up to date billing information.
Failure to receive your water bill does not negate customer responsibility for payment nor waive late payment penalties.
To make payment by phone please contact our office at 724-883-2301, extension 103. Customer's will be able to pay using a credit or debit card. Blue Pay Credit charges a fee of $2.50 for transactions under $85. Transactions over $85 will be charged 2.95% These fees are the same as paying online. Southwestern PA Water Authority accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. ***Please note the rate change is from Blue Pay Credit and not SPWA.
Southwestern PA Water Authority now offers Automatic Bill Pay online. Please visit our web payment page and follow the following steps:
1. To enroll in Auto Bill Pay you will need to create a profile and link your account. If you have already created one, then click login and pay bill.
2. On the next screen you will have to make a payment in full in order to enroll in Automatic Bill Pay with a Credit Card.
3. Next you will fill out your name and credit card information. Once completed, you will click the middle checkbox down at the bottom of the payment screen that reads "Enroll in Automatic Bill Pay using this Credit Card". After making the initial payment with your credit card, your next month's bill will automatically be charged to your credit card and/or bank card on its due date.
4. This will bring up a terms and conditions page explaining Automatic Bill Pay, click agree. This will return you to the credit card info payment screen where you will click submit.
5. Once finished, this will return you to your Account Summary page, you have now completed your enrollment in Automatic Bill Pay.